It is recommended that you look at and familiarise yourself with the full submission process and requirements before submitting your film.
Projects will be uploaded via the Submissions site, which will be available from May 1, 2023. The platform is safe and secured but entrants can submit films that are watermarked, if desired.
The content will be treated as confidential and will be made available only to the jury and administrative staff. It will not be shown in public. If a project gets nominated, FilmLight Colour Awards will contact the content owner for permission to show excerpts.
To be eligible for consideration, the entrant must submit:
- Excerpts of the project with a total duration of 5 minutes maximum for all submissions.
- Excerpts must contain scenes or parts of scenes no less than 1 minute. Complete scenes do not have to be shown, but excerpts must not be edited to alter the original sequence of shots within a scene.
- Video format requirements:
Container: Quicktime .mov
Codec: ProRes 422 HQ
Colour Space: 2.4 Gamma / Rec.709 (mastered for dim surround)
Frame Rate: Native frame rate of the project (non-fractional preferred: e.g. 24 instead of 23.976)
- Container: MP4
Codec: H264 / H265
- Please label files as: NameOfProject_YourLastName
- DO NOT upload a file that has a slate, countdown, 2 pop or credits. Any of these will cause your file to be rejected during the QC process.
- Entries may be submitted without sound. In the event that an entry is submitted without sound, it must be stated in the submission form.
- For all categories, at least one piece of supporting material is strongly recommended to facilitate the judging process: Before/After or Case Study videos (ProRes or H264) or supporting material (PDF) can be uploaded by clicking the links in the ‘action’ column for each entry.